Rev Marion makes an Easter Garden
An Easter garden is a way to help teach children about Jesus and how he died for us and rose again. It’s a small garden with items that represent the Easter Story. You can find a
video showing Revd Marion making an easter garden on this link: https://youtu.be/JJEcb4ufqOQ
For your own garden you will need:
- A shallow tray, pan or dish
- Moss or cut grass
- Small stones or gravel
- A large stone
- A small flower pot or plastic cup
- 6 sticks or twigs
- String or sewing thread
- A small piece of white cloth, ribbon or paper
- Spring flowers
To make your Easter Garden
- Place your flowerpot on its side in the tray (this will be the tomb).
- Cover the tray and the top of the flowerpot with moss/cut grass.
- Cover the soil with moss.
- Make 3 crosses by tying the sticks together with string or thread.
- Stick them into moss at the side of your tin. If you have one cross that is bigger than the others, place it in the centre to represent the cross on which Jesus was crucified.
- Make a path to the tomb with the small stones to show how the women ran to the tomb on Easter morning.
- Place a folded piece of white cloth inside the tomb to represent the risen Lord.
- Place the large stone to the side of the tomb entrance to represent the stone that was rolled away.
- Place your flowers in the garden.
When you have finished your garden take a photograph of it and send it to email@example.com so that we can put all the photographs together for a display in church.
Bat Survey at All Saints’ Church
A survey was taken in October 2022 of the bat activity in All Saints’ Church. Gareth Harris came to speak about the results on March 14th. If you missed his talk it can be downloaded by the following link until 19th April 2023 https://share.icloud.com/photos/0e9WAScHaXo-KUhx7bXJ6p3kQ Information gathered in October 2022 The first chart shows the information… Continue reading Bat Survey at All Saints’ Church
40 Acts of Kindness for Lent
40 Acts of Kindness for Lent Join us in sharing a little kindness across the village Invite someone who is on their own for teaCreate a Giving Jar for your loose changeIntroduce yourself to a neighbourLeave a small gift for a delivery personTalk to someone you don’t knowSmile and say hello to people you… Continue reading 40 Acts of Kindness for Lent
A community space to reflect on sadness and loss
Over the last year we have all experienced losses of some kind; many of us have experienced the most painful loss of all – the loss of a loved one. God understands our sadness, in Psalm 56:8 it says “You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle”… Continue reading A community space to reflect on sadness and loss
Parish of St. Mary of the Assumption Market Lavington Burial Records from 1865
Burial Records, 1865 – 2003 St. Mary of the Assumption, Market Lavington © 2003, St. Mary’s Church This excel spreadsheet contains names and dates and some address details of burials in St Mary’s Churchyard Market Lavington between the years 1685 and 2003. The original record book (1865-2001) and its predecessor are in the Wiltshire and… Continue reading Parish of St. Mary of the Assumption Market Lavington Burial Records from 1865
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.