The Following Documents would normally be displayed in the porches of our churches.
Some of them are short and interesting to all.
Others have interest for fewer people.
Lavingtons, Cheverells and Easterton
Safeguarding Policy – 2021
The following policy was re adopted at the Benefice Council meeting held on 10/05/2021.
- We are committed to:
- The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults
- The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable
- The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
2. We will carefully select and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of Criminal Records disclosures.
3. We will respond without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation and we have a clear reporting procedure in place.
4. We will seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him or her an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
5. We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
6. We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
7. In all these principles we will follow statute, guidance and recognised good practice.
8. We will advise the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser if we receive a Disclosure which is ‘blemished’ or ‘positive’.
9. We will review this policy annually and check that our policies are up to date.
This policy adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese of Salisbury’s Good Practice Guidelines. (May 2013 available http://www.salisburyanglican.org)
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is:
Anji Scofield email@example.com
Signed Parish Priest/Incumbent
Rev Marion Harrison